The College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA)
The Urban Transportation Center (UTC) is a research unit within the College of Urban Planning & Public Affairs (CUPPA), one of the 16 colleges at the University of Illinois at Chicago. The College was established in 1995 and is comprised of two academic departments – Public Administration and Urban Planning and Policy – and nine research centers, including the UTC.
The College is widely acknowledged as a leader in urban planning graduate studies, and public administration faculty members are highly ranked nationally. CUPPA’s underlying commitment to UIC and the community is to “advance the public good, to enhance the human condition.”
Seven core values guide CUPPA’s academic mission:
- Academic excellence
- Respect for individual contributions
- Cultural diversity
- Making contributions beyond the university
- Collaborating across divides
- Constant innovation
- Striving for sustainable solutions
To learn more about CUPPA – its academic departments and curriculum, multidisciplinary approach to providing solutions to urban problems, role in the UIC Great Cities Commitment – contact the college staff.
- Learn about degree programs academic fields of study offered through CUPPA.
- Learn about the nine CUPPA research centers.
- Learn about online charitable donations to CUPPA.