State of Illinois Job Access Reverse Commuter Program
Technical assistance has been or is currently being provided to over twenty localities in the state of Illinois. Recommendations to improve service, funding and administration have been made to improve their welfare to work programs. Two components of the statewide database are being developed for use by IDOT; an operating funding and capital asset components. These will facilitate the coordination of funding of transportation by state transportation, social service and economic development agencies.
- Principal Investigator
- DiJohn, Joseph
- Research Area(s)
- Data Development
- Policy Analysis
- Funding Source
- Federal Transit Administration, Illinois Department of Human Services
Research was undertaken to provide assistance within the six county region of northeastern Illinois and 18 locations in downstate Illinois. Work included recommendations to:
- Form local groups to coordinate funding and services.
- Undertake needs assessment.
- Review and evaluate existing transportation.
- Identify transportation opportunities and gaps.
- Market commuter choice payroll deduction and ridesharing programs.
- Attempt to secure sustainable source of ongoing funding.