Technical Services to the RTA
To work closely with and provide technical services to the RTA as needed. There are three tasks under the current contract: 1) Strategic Plan Assessment and Gap Analysis. 2) Paratransit Assessment. 3) Evaluation of RTAP.
- Principal Investigator
- DiJohn, Joseph
- Research Area(s)
- Demand Response
- Policy Analysis
- Piyushimita Thakuriah, Paul Metaxatos, Karin Allen, Kazuya Kawamura, Saurav Bhatta
- Funding Source
- Regional Transportation Authority (RTA)
The focus of this research for the Regional Transportation Authority was threefold:
- Strategic Plan Assessment: Undertake review of appropriate documents; review, validate and update regional travel data analysis; identify travel opportunities underserved markets, latent demand, service gaps and overlaps; review economic impact and cost/benefit analysis; undertake national review of various transit funding mechanisms.
- Paratransit Assessment: undertake review of appropriate documents; form stakeholder advisory group; develop trade-off issues; define information survey; draft, conduct, and analyze survey data.
- Evaluation of RTAP: Identify station area plans and local transit improvement projects; develop sampling rationale; determine the criteria on which program assessment will be useful; develop quantitative and qualitative outcome measures.