This project extends the TRANPRO IMS to incorporate mobility management tools and to add functionality to the IMS. The objective is to maintain a comprehensive database of public transit and specialized transportation providers in the state of Illinois within the framework of an online information management system with GIS capabilities. This system will serve multiple stakeholders and provide hierarchal access for the purposes of data development, maintenance and retrieval. Stakeholders include the UTC research team, IDOT, HSTP Coordinators, other state and regional agencies as well as regional planners and mobility managers.
The project team will develop information pertaining to service area, specific funding streams, and type of transportation services offered. Data will be organized and searchable by county, HSTP region and RPO region. Funding streams included are 5310, 5311, DOAP, JARC and New Freedom grantees, as well as Title IIB and Title XX grantees.
The expected results are an improvement in the organization and appearance of the website, improved functionality in accessing and maintaining the statewide provider inventory, improved functionality in the GIS application, and an update to all of the existing databases.
- Update the TRANPRO website design.
- Update and maintain the statewide provider inventory.
- Update funding data and funding program information.
- Develop and maintain the databases necessary for the provider inventory and mapping applications.
- Develop and maintain online data entry interfaces to allow users to maintain their own relevant databases on the server.
- Develop user-friendly applications to query the data and to perform data and spatial analysis facilitating planning and coordination of services.
Expected Results or Products:
The website will be updated in design and structure to accommodate new features. Interactive access will allow stakeholders to maintain and download databases. User-friendly interfaces and tools will be developed to assist in spatial analysis.
Urban Transportation Center
University of Illinois at Chicago
412 South Peoria Street, Suite 340
Chicago, IL 60607
Voice: (312) 413-1198
Fax: (312) 413-0006